We believe that good governance helps companies to take better decisions, for their own long term benefit and that of the UK economy overall. Our approach, which has not changed since the flotation of the Company in 2006, is summarised below:
- We believe that good governance leads to stronger value creation and lower risks for shareholders
- It is the Board’s responsibility to instil and maintain a culture of honesty, integrity and transparency throughout the business, through our policies, communications and by the way in which we act
- We support corporate governance guidelines and apply them in a way that is meaningful to our business and consistent with our culture and values
- If we decide that the interests of the Company and its shareholders can be better served by doing things in a different way, we will explain the reasons why
- The Board considers that it has fully complied with the Corporate Governance Code 2016 in the financial year to 1 July 2017
For more information please see the copies of the presentations that we made to our major institutional investors and shareholder representatives, available in Reports and Presentations.