1 February 2018
Dunelm Group plc
Confirmation of appointment of Nick Wilkinson as Chief Executive
Further to the announcement made on 21 December 2017, Dunelm Group plc ("Dunelm" or the "Company"), the UK's leading homewares retailer, is pleased to confirm that Nick Wilkinson has today joined the Board as Chief Executive.
Nick is the beneficial owner of 38,855 ordinary shares of 1 pence each in the Company, which he purchased on 19 January 2018 at a price of 640.2p per share. This was in accordance with his commitment to purchase Dunelm shares on joining the Company, as set out in Dunelm's approved 2017 Remuneration Policy.
For further information, please contact:
020 3128 8100
Notes to Editors
1. Dunelm was founded in 1979 as a market stall business, selling ready-made curtains. The first shop was opened in Leicester in 1984 and over the following years the business developed into a successful chain of high street shops before expanding, following the opening of the first Dunelm superstore in 1991, into broader homewares categories. Dunelm is now a multi-channel retailer, with Dunelm.com being launched in 2005 and the acquisition of the Worldstores Group accelerating this yet further. Today, around 20% of sales are generated online.
2. Dunelm is market leader in the £12bn UK homewares market and active in the £11bn UK furniture market. It currently operates 173 stores, of which 169 are out-of-town superstores and 4 are located on high streets, and online stores, the largest of which can be found at www.dunelm.com, www.worldstores.co.uk, www.kiddicare.com and www.achica.com. Dunelm employs approximately 10,000 colleagues and sells around 30,000 product lines in store, increasing to around 300,000 online.
3. Dunelm, "The Home of Homes", offers a customer proposition of style, value, quality and ease of shopping. From its textiles heritage, in areas such as bedding, curtains, cushions, quilts and pillows, Dunelm has rapidly broadened its product offering to a complete homewares offer including the likes of kitchenware, dining, lighting, seasonal, wall art and rugs. Dunelm is one of the few national retailers to offer an authoritative selection of curtain fabrics on the roll, and owns a specialist UK facility dedicated to producing made-to-measure curtains.
4. The product range includes many, exclusive, own brand designs and premium brands such as Dorma, Fogarty and Kiddicare. This is augmented by a range of other well-known brands and license agreements.
5. Dunelm has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since October 2006 (DNLM.L) and has a current market capitalisation of approximately £1.3bn.
6. Save as disclosed above and in the announcement dated 21 December 2017, there are no disclosures to be made pursuant to LR 9.6.13 in relation to Nick Wilkinson.