The principal duties of the Audit and Risk Committee are to:
- Oversee the integrity of the Group’s financial statements and public announcements relating to financial performance.
- Hold the relationship with the external auditor, agree the audit fee and oversee the external audit process.
- Establish formal and transparent arrangements for considering how the Group should apply the corporate reporting, risk management and internal control principles.
- Oversee the internal audit process.
- Monitor the effectiveness of financial controls and the process for identifying and managing risk throughout the Group.
- Monitor the financial reporting process and submit recommendations.
- Monitor the statutory audit of the Annual Report and financial statements.
- Review and monitor the external auditor’s effectiveness, independence, quality, and the provision of additional services.
- Hold sessions with external auditor and internal auditor without management present.